Saturday, March 31, 2012



Society Check

Written By Ms. NewShoes & Vincent Edwards



They say, “If you want to make it in life you have to go after your goals.” How can I go after my dreams when they try and take it from my grasp each time I touch it? Why is a vision worth visioning if you are stripped from full view once they disapprove? They say you should be yourself, “different” to be exact, but how can I when once I step outside the box I am ostracized liked an ex-wife of a polygamist man trying to break away from the rules that were implanted into her at birth?



We are listening.



They say “the world” is “ours”. How can the world be ours when children are growing up without parents, letting the streets train their actions; adopting to the transformation of mankind? Little girls mimic videos and television thinking that provocative attire, high heels and make up is the new wave to be noticed or liked by their peers? Men captive to the walls of society never to see freedom again because of their absent fathers leaving them to fend and provide for the rest of their families, misguided by the eyes of the four walls. Grandparents left to cater to generations that will question themselves due to the missing pieces shattered from broken promises and lies.



Please continue on.



They ask who I am. How can I demand the man with the gavel to look into the mirror and see that we are all Trayvon Martin? Who am I to question their authority and judge their verdicts? So you criticize me for my beliefs and then pick at my character? Am I not the one that was left like an orphan on the steps of a church? Did you not see my tears drop on hurt and betrayal as my screams fell on deaf ears? How can you measure my achievements when you are the first to shoot holes at my plato cutting off my path to righteousness?



We understand.             



  There is no peace in which can be made from the time of ones birth to their grave and the only thing that can be saved is the small bit of justice rended down from those who are not perfect, yet put in position to make the right decision every time.



  We understand that the youth of today is far from the generation of yesterday and the ways we carried don't seem to exist anymore. We know it is hard when they look for their fathers and they are gone. Which we feel pain in our hearts for their lost for the man behind the metal bars.



  We feel for the tears you had to cry, and the strength you put out to reach for your dreams and a better life. We feel for your lost hopes and broken wishes which never came true. We feel for the fact of everything you went through.



But.



 We still feel you are guilty and that is the verdict we render upon you, just because we choose to.


**Blue writting is Ms. NewShoes and Black writing is Vincent Edwards**
   

3 comments: